- To continue to create a happy, secure, welcoming and stimulating learning environment in which all members of the school community can grow in confidence and develop their full potential.
- We aim to encourage children to have pride and respect for themselves and each other.
- To develop awareness of moral, social and religious values.
- To continue developing a broad and balanced curriculum that is creative, challenging and relevant.
- We will inspire our children to be accepting, curious, determined and reflective.
- To continue to build partnerships with parents, carers and the local community.
- To equip children with the resilience and perseverance to become creative and independent thinkers within in an ever-changing world.
- To encourage ambition, provide equality of opportunity and create a window to the world.
- To work with and take advice from diocesan advisors, our Parish Priest and the congregation at St Laurence.
- To advocate for the full inclusion of children and young people in the life of the Church.
- To integrate ministry among children and young people with all other areas of the Church's life and mission.
- To fully implement the curriculum, religious education and collective worship, and guide the school character in line with our vision and the school community.
The Church of England Foundation for Educational Leadership
- To work with opportunities provided: programmes and research for leaders in education that will equip leaders to achieve the bold vision for education in line with The Derby Diocesan Academy Trust.
- To engage with the national movement of inspirational leaders equipped to transform education, so that we may foster wisdom, hope, community and dignity, and all children are able to flourish and experience life in all its fullness, regardless of their background or starting point.
- Video link to Bishop Rowan Williams (former Archbishop of Canterbury)
Values and Virtues
St Laurence Church of England Primary School teaches and provides opportunities for children and staff to follow our vision during their school life.
These values and virtues are introduced and explained by the Head of School in Collective Worship and further explained by Father David in subsequent Collective Worship in school.
As a school, we discuss virtues that help us as individuals as well as supporting others in our school and wider community.
Awe and Wonder Forgiveness
Father David Lawrence-March is the Parish Priest and as such an ex-officio Governor of the school. He visits us weekly and is very much involved in the life of the school. Father David regularly leads Collective Worship and, having spent 25 years in education, visits classes to talk to the children and bring his experience as a former Head of RE at both primary and secondary levels. Father David also leads our worship in Church as appropriate. For example, the Christmas Carol Service, Holy Week Service and the Year 6 Leavers' Service. Father David attends Parents' Evenings and is available to support staff if requested.
Please read more about the St Laurence Church of England daily Collective Worship.